Step One: Discern
- Discern what is not working for you right now
- Identify the discomfort/frustration associated with that challenge. What is it costing you? … the ‘why’ you want to change.
- Name what you want. What will it look like if it was working?
- Identify the benefits and expectations you have of yourself.
- Challenge your fears, assumptions; ask yourself how you are contribution to the situation you are in?
— Senior Leader, Manufacturing
Step Two: Design
- Design possible options to achieve your results.
- Consider possibilities as your coach guides you through questions and conversation, your coach will support you to consider possibilities,
- What are the consequences, risks and benefits to getting this right?
- Challenge assumptions, consider required resources and possible outcomes.
– Senior Leader, Government
Step Three: Decide
- Finally, you decide to take action on your option of choice and frame your commitment to yourself.
- Name the outcomes you are expecting, what you will do, when will you do it.
- Identify the resources do you need to be successful.
- How will you measure your success?
- Consider what might get in the way?
- Know your coach will hold you accountable to achieving your desired results.
Along the way your coach will be your cheerleader, thinking partner, co-creator of potential solutions and definitely your disruptor. Most importantly, your coach will sit without judgement and hold you accountable and capable of achieving your goals.
– Senior Leader, Oil & Gas
Benefits of Using a Coach
One-on-one coaching is for the leader who wants to stretch and grow. You may be looking to accelerate your leadership skills, move to the next level or change careers entirely, or possibly start transitioning into retirement or the next phase of your life.
— Regional Manager, AB/Sask, Association
Generally, it requires a commitment of one hour every two to three weeks for a minimum of three to six months in which to design authentic and practical break-through strategies to achieve success.
The common thread to a successful coaching experience is the desire for continuous improvement. If you are hungry to grow we want to be your accountability partner. We love celebrating success with our clients!